** Swing Trade Alert for 02/19/08 **

Hi Folks, hope today was not a bad day trading for you like it was for me. Today was a real choppy day and I got beat up on a couple of my plays today. Seeing that we were basically doing nothing I should of just sat on the sidelines and waited for a real break in either way, which we didn't get. So it's okay I will suck it up and play again because i think the market is due to break one way big sometime this week either to the downside or the upside. Its really too hard to tell wats going on , but with the media looking for an upswing and the internals saying we still need to go lower, only market phsycology will take it whatever way its wants to so I will wait. On the radar though is HANS. HANS came up on my scan and I found this news on it which caught my interest. Looking at all the time frames the stock looks good to set off. Fundamentals on this company are strong and also another thing to pay attention to is earnings this week on the 23rd. I will possibly not want to rush and wait for earnings. I will like to either go long the stock or go long the march 35x calls or the june 40x calls. Another stock to go long is PTM which is the platinum etf. Has alot of upside to it good for a hold.

Good trading

Extra news on hand alittle old from Jan 26,2009 , but still relevant.


News Breaks

February 11, 2009
10:50 EDT
HANS
theflyonthewall.com: Coca-Cola Enterprises: Monster drink on track in first few months-

January 26, 2009
08:40 EDT
HANS
Hansen Natural's Monster Energy drinks benefit from Coke deals-IBD
Last fall when Hansen Natural (HANS) stuck distribution deals with Coca-Cola (KO) and Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE), it set in motion a number of distribution sources worldwide that today have positioned Hansen for strong gains, according to Investor's Business Daily's "The New America". "This gives them an immediate and significant presence in the U.K., France and the Benelux countries," says Mark Astrachan of Stifel Nicolaus."The opportunity for the energy-drink category in Europe is very large at retail...I would expect this is a beginning of a broader international push." For the third quarter, earnings jumped 17% from a year ago to 54 cents a share, as sales were up 15% to $285M. That's directly tied to strong sales of Monster Energy and Java Monster drinks. Analysts see full year 2008 earnings up 17% to $1.76 a share, and then up 20% to $2.11 this year. Reference Link

No comments:

Post a Comment