Testing the Swimmers Part II--Guest Post by The Hubs


This is the second post of a three part segment written by my hubs, Vance, author of The Vance View. If you didn't read Part I yesterday, I highly recommend you head on over and read it before you continue reading this post. Part III will be posted on Monday of next week! :-)


xo,
Angela
_______________________________________________________


In my last post we had gone in to seethe doctor for my wife’s lady visit. That’s when they told meabout the lab for my tests. What I didn’t do is go into much detailon my last post about the actual conversation we had with the doctorabout my visit to the lab. Let’s just say it was interesting. Shetossed around words like Playboy and phrases like getting the jobdone. I kind of wanted to throw up in my mouth a little. Angela hadthe same thought go through her head as well.

It took a few days to make the call tothe lab. And by a few days...I mean five to seven. Nervous doesn’teven begin to describe how I felt about this whole situation. Notonly did I know what had to be done (remember the playboy incidentfrom the first paragraph?), but I couldn’t help but think the worstabout what the results might be. But, I made the call anyhow. As itturns out, I didn’t have to go into a creepy room with girlymagazines. The down side? The lady from the lab told me that I had tocreate the sample at home and bring it to the lab. Oh joy! It was badenough that I had to be tested, but now I had to transport it!

It wasn’t until I made theappointment that it really sunk in that I was having my swimmerstested to see if I was infertile. I can’t speak for other men, butfor me this is a depressing topic. It is also kind of embarrassing. Iknow what you’re thinking, and it doesn’t matter. That is justhow I feel. I’m still doing it because I want kids so badly, and Ineed to know exactly what we’re working with. All I can do is praythat the results come back saying I’m fine.

My third installment will be comingMonday. I’ll talk about my thoughts on the test experience and thefollow up. Until then...





Vote for my sexy wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment